Our client, an international reinsurance company is looking for a Technical Advisor Underwriting Life to strengthen the Life Underwriting department. He/she will be in charge of providing actuarial technical support to ensure that business decisions are made using the best possible quantitative information and support.
The Technical Advisor Underwriting Life will be responsible for :
- Reserving: support the forecasting of technical provisions, reserve margins and reserve uncertainties to provide business analysis for reports and accounts, business planning, profitability studies and commutations.
- Portfolio performance monitoring: Support the development of underwriting statistics to Actuarial team/Finance/Board/Underwriters.
- Pricing: Support the development of pricing tools and rates and the review of premium/rating methods.
- Business Planning: Support the business planning process including collection and analysis of information, development of tools and reports.
- Reinsurance: Support the analysis of reinsurance options and reinsurance purchases as required.
- Capital Modelling: Support the analysis to determine the capital needs of the business. Support the development of reports and presentations appropriate to the parties involved including internal management and regulators to ensure the company has good understanding of capital needs.
- Risk aggregation: Support in the modelling and analysis of risk aggregation. …
- Master’s degree in actuarial sciences, mathematics, engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience completing actuarial studies is an asset.
- Good IT skills, and strong skills in Excel and other analytical tools.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Autonomous with team spirit
- Ability to use and interpret numerical data.
- Ability to organize own work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work within defined procedures
- Fluent in Dutch and English, knowledge of French is a strong asset.