Our client, an insurance company is looking a Non-Life Pricing Actuary. Reporting to the Head of the Technical Department, the Non-Life Pricing Actuary will contribute to the company's economic performance through the production of tailor-made business pricing, monitoring of the portfolio and its recovery; and the production of forecast data on turnover and claims. He/She will also carry out statistical studies to ensure the reliability of pricing assumptions and to provide clients with explanations of claims experience and, if necessary, suggest ways to improve.
The Non-Life Pricing Actuary will be responsible for :
Risk analysis and tariff determination
- Analyzing, at the request of the Sales and Marketing Department, the quotation request (context, risk assessment) and preparing the technical tariff by using existing statistical data or by proposing models adapted to the risks to be covered. He/she will provide a price that covers structural costs and achieve the level of profitability defined in the company's objectives.
- Contributing to the development of underwriting guidelines and their evolution.
- Developing his/her tariff in accordance with the Group's underwriting policy, both in terms of the risks to be avoided as well as for the respect of the levels of delegations.
- Building and updating pricing models for offers presenting standard processes and target populations with homogeneous characteristics.
Production of technical data for the financial year
- Building projections for forecasts, budgets and plans for turnover, number of files and external loads on the basis of analysis of actual and assumptions of evolution.
- Monitoring the rate level of claims/premiums.
- Identifying drifts and taking into account the year's recovery work to project its evolution and ensure that the External Cost Margin indicator is achieved.
Analytics and projects
- Participating in various studies and cross-functional projects of the Technical Department in collaboration with the teams of the Financial Department and the Insurance Department of EAH.
- Contributing to the work of the Directive (Solvency 2), in particular the production of financial reports and the calculation of future premiums.
- Identifying and proposing topics for continuous improvement in the department's activities or in transversal.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics or equivalent.
- Deep knowledge of the insurance industry, its organization and internal procedures.
- Good knowledge of GLM modelling.
- Familiar with Office, “Business Object” tools, SAS, VBA and R.
- Knows how to calculate an attractive tariff while ensuring that the company's interests are met.
- Team spirit, proactive with good communication.
- Decision oriented.
- Logical, analytical, and synthetic mind with a sense of figures.
- Ability to adapt to new regulations and procedures.
- Fluent in French and English.