DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
Our client, an international insurance company is looking for an Actuarial Validation Officer to join the Actuarial Function Department. He/she will be in charge of:
- The validation of actuarial models and assumptions used for the valuation of the technical provisions, the valuation of the profitability, the valuation of the reinsurance program, the pricing settings for new and existing products and the valuation of underwriting measures,
- Documenting the process, analysis and interpretation of figures, profitability analysis and other quantitative analysis in actuarial validation reports contributing to the decision-making process,
- Making recommendations through these validation reports and operating the follow-up of these recommendations made,
- Providing support for larger projects or files into the Actuarial Function department,
- Contributing to the monitoring of the governance in place and the controls related to existing procedures and proposing optimizations.
- Actuary with at least 3 years of experience in health or life insurance,
- Experience working on actuarial models,
- Familiar with the use and principles of existing actuarial/statistical techniques and models and are interested in developments in modelling, risk management and analysis,
- Familiar with computer work and have a good knowledge of Excel. Knowledge of R and SQL is a strong asset,
- Analytical mindset, thoroughness and able to translate figures and abstract analyses into concrete information,
- Independent mindset and assertiveness,
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing,
- Team spirit, autonomy and proactivity,
- You are fluent in English and either French or Dutch.