Our client, an international insurance company is looking for a Reserving Actuary within the Actuarial Reserving Department. The Reserving Actuary will be responsible for:
- Carrying out the quarterly process of reserving, determining actuarial best estimates for claims provisions in line with actuarial standards and Group and statutory requirements,
- Identifying and executing actuarial analyses to determine best estimate reserves and get more insight in the development of the portfolio,
- Explaining the results of the actuarial projection to the various stakeholders (CFO, Board…),
- Supporting the IFRS 17 implementation effort,
- Performing separate analyses on request of the underwriters, claim handlers and/or the board,
- Participating in the improvement of the IT infrastructure, data quality and tooling.
- Actuarial background and/or actuarial experience,
- Knowledge of standard reserving techniques,
- The command of SAS, SQL and/or VBA is an asset,
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 is a plus,
- Good communication skills, motivation, problem-solving abilities and good organizational skills,
- Working knowledge of Dutch and English, the command of French is considered as an asset.