Our client, an international reinsurance company is looking for a Group P&C Actuary to join the Group Non-Life Actuarial Function department. He/she will be in charge of supporting the Solvency II quarterly process ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner for the company’s European legal entities.
The Group P&C Actuary will be responsible for :
- Supporting the calculation of the Claims and Premium provision for the European legal entities,
- Supporting the reporting process and the QRTs production,
- Supporting the production of the Non-Life underwriting risk SCR,
- Maintaining and improving the current processes focusing on automatization.
- Supporting the Head of Actuarial Function,
- As second line of defense, supporting the peer review of the work done by the 1st line teams (finance, pricing, underwriting and claims),
- Supporting internal and external audit activities,
- Maintaining and improving the documentation of processes, procedures, internal policies, and methodologies,
- Improving current data governance enhancing the data quality process and framework,
- Taking part in other projects at the group level.
- At least 5 years of experience in non-life (re)insurance,
- A detailed technical knowledge of reserving and Solvency II on non-life lines is a string asset,
- Preferably Qualified Actuary,
- Strong programming skills (i.e. VBA, R, Python) and data management skills including recent technologies (i.e. Power Pivot & Power BI) to improve reporting automatization,
- Ability to work under pressure within prescribes deadlines,
- High motivation, team-orientation, and adaptability,
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to develop and translate new ideas into effective business solutions,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Fluent in English.