Our client, an international reinsurer, is looking for a L&H modelling actuary to join their offices either in Dublin, Zurich or Paris.
The L&H modelling actuary will be responsible for:
- The maintenance of all valuation models that use Moody’s AXIS actuarial software
- Tracking software issues and acting as main contact with Moody’s for software development needs and bug fixes
- Tracking IT concerns and acting as main contact for IT regarding infrastructure, technology, and licencing matters relating to AXIS
- Mentoring and guiding other team members in the use and development of models and tools
- Assisting in setting up newly won business in AXIS reserving models
- Promoting communication amongst valuation modelers to facilitate knowledge transfer and a collaborative environment
- Ensuring each product team follows a robust control framework and completes appropriate model testing and documentation
- Developping and enforcing best practices for model governance
- Working closely with pricing modelling leads to ensure alignment of models between pricing and reserving
- Maintaining relationships and information exchanges with North America Life valuation and pricing modelling leads
- Ensuring sufficient model controls for SOX, internal and external audit requirements
- Overseeing analysis of future potential model improvements or updates
- Coordinating Moody’s AXIS update implementations and testing with IT and modeler staff
- Working with project leads to understand requirements for the extension of the valuation models to ensure compliance with the new standards.
- Working with consultants to complete final steps of model migration and modernization
- Qualified Actuary with 5 or more years working experience in Life reserving or pricing in the (re)insurance field, or related actuarial experience with a strong AXIS model development background.
- Prior experience in the modelling of financial reporting regimes, including USGAAP LDTI, IFRS 17, SII, BMA and MAS, would be advantageous.
- Knowledge in relevant software: AXIS/Risk Integrity/IFRS 17 Link/US GAAP Link/R/SQL/Excel/VBA/Business Objects
- Strong product understanding and IT and data management skills;
- Reinsurance knowledge is an asset
- Strongly driven to streamline business processes, with an emphasis on automation and maintainability
- Experience in specification, development and testing of actuarial and data transformation software
- Organized, able to work in a matrix structure
- Able to set and manage priorities
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English