Our client, an insurance company, is looking for a P&C Product Actuary to strengthen its Technical Department. He/She will join the P&C Actuarial team, in charge of the technical design, the pricing and reserving of P&C products. However, the future P&C Product Actuary will mainly focus on actuarial studies related to Automotive products (individual and fleet insurance).
The future P&C Product Actuary will more specifically have the following responsibilities:
Design and pricing of Casualty products:
- Carry out technical pricing studies in the context of the creation of new products or guarantees, or the evolution of existing products,
- Contribute to the definition of offers in the context of the creation of new products or guarantees,
- Participate in tenders’ documents on the technical side,
- Propose and assess scenarios for pricing evolution as part of the definition of the annual pricing policy.
Calculation and management of technical provisions:
- Deterministic estimation of ultimate claims expenses and technical reserves by product, guarantee and underwriting year within the framework of monthly accounting closures,
- Analysis of the claims experience and production of studies within the framework of the various committees,
- Projection of future claims by product within the framework of budget and landing simulations.
Monitoring and analysis of portfolios:
- Defining and implementing technical steering indicators (in collaboration with the Technical Support) in the context of launching new products or guarantees,
- Analyse the indicators of claims experience
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics or Econometrics, being a qualified actuary is a strong asset,
- At least 4 years of experience in the Non-Life actuarial sector,
- A prior experience with fleet insurance products is a big asset,
- Good command of pricing actuarial techniques,
- Good knowledge and command of deterministic reserving methods
- Good command of the following tools : Word, PowerPoint, Excel (ideally VBA), and SAS.
- Analytical thinking and strong communication skills,
- Team spirit and strong interpersonal skills,
- Ability to meet deadlines,
- Fluency in French.