Our client, an international reinsurance company is looking for a Life Valuation Actuary, whose main focus will be to take part in the management and monitoring of a large and strategic portfolio of long and short term protection products in Europe, Middle East and Latin America.
More specifically, the future Life Valuation Actuary will have the following responsibilities:
- Production of quarterly reserves on applicable bases (USGAAP, SII, VIF,…)
- Preparation and sign-off of the Solvency II results including the shocks and Analysis of Change together with the GAAP / statutory accounting.
- Preparation of supporting documentation (unit testing, basis checks etc.) to validate work produced to line manager & auditors.
- Ensure the model documentation and a robust control framework.
- Drafting of the Annual Assumption Review of base mortality and morbidity, disability termination rates, morbidity deterioration, mortality improvements, lapses and other relevant assumptions on the portfolio.
- Provide insight into observed experience, propose base changes where relevant and quantify financial impacts.
- Ensure data quality and participate in integration of new data in LAP (Life Administration Platform).
- Play an active role in the model and tools migration (Axis, Osiris,…)
- Be involved in the development of the LDTI approach and IFRS 17 approach.
- Coordinate with other team members to facilitate the consolidation.
- Actuarial qualification with at least 5 years of experience in Life valuation reserving or pricing in the reinsurance field, or related actuarial experience on protection products.
- Prior experience of Solvency II, US GAAP, IFRS17, valuation / reserving and financial reporting would be beneficial.
- Reinsurance knowledge is considered as an asset.
- Strong IT and data management skills. Knowledge of MoSes/Risk Agility/AXIS and of the R/VBA/SQL coding language is considered as an asset.
- Strong team-spirit, ability to set and manage priorities, and to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in English.