Our client, an international reinsurance company, is looking for a Catastrophe Modelling Analyst to strengthen its Analytics Team.
The future Catastrophe Modelling Analyst will mainly focus on the Benelux market. He/She will more specifically have the following responsibilities:
- Gather and prepare raw exposure data from clients for use in validation checks and exposure analyses,
- Use the different Cat models,
- Compile and interpret outputs form the models,
- Assist with the reporting and mapping of exposure and/or losses for real-time events,
- Perform basic analyses/Arc GIS mapping and modelling by processing and migrating data among Text, Dbase, Access, and SQL, and by developing or leveraging scripted code in R, Python, or SQL, in order to assist in quantifying risk,
- Assist in preparing summaries, presentations and reports in order to communicate findings to internal and external clients,
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the analysts in other company’s European offices,
- Work on ad-hoc projects in collaboration with other teams.
- Degree in a quantitative, scientific or environmental discipline such as data science, computer science, geography, applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics or finance,
- Strong data preparation skills,
- Data mining skills are considered as an asset,
- Prior experience in coding with R, SQL, Access and/or Alteryx is considered as an asset,
- Knowledge of catastrophe models is considered as an asset,
- Strong organisation and planning skills,
- Ability to respect deadlines,
- Good communication skills and team spirit,
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English.