Our client, an international reinsurance company is looking for a Life & Health Valuation Actuary. He/she will take part in the management and monitoring of a large and strategic portfolio of short term product across the world.
The Life & Health Valuation Actuary will be responsible for :
- Production of quarterly reserves on applicable bases (USGAAP, SII, VIF,…)
- Preparation and sign-off of the Solvency II results including the shocks and analysis of change together with the GAAP / statutory accounting.
- Preparation of supporting documentation (checks, control…) to validate work produced to line manager & auditors.
- Annual preparation of the assumption review documentation (for Group presentation)
- Provide insight into observed experience, propose base and assumption changes where relevant and quantify financial impacts.
- Ensure the development and enhancement of the reserving tool that uses Non-life triangles techniques to derive the Best Estimate reserves for the short-term business
- Review existing process and improve operational efficiency of reportings
- Contribute to various cross-functional projects, topics and responsibilities across the team including IFRS 17, specific life products, and tool development among others.
- Coordinate with other team members to facilitate the consolidation…
- Hold a master’s or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (actuarial sciences, applied mathematics, engineering…) and being a qualified actuary.
- Having between 1 and 3 years of experience (including internship/apprenticeship) in L&H (re)insurance.
- Knowledge in Non- Life Loss reserving triangles technics is a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of Solvency II.
- Valuation / reserving and financial reporting experience would be beneficial.
- Knowledge R / VBA / SQL coding language would be an advantage.
- Reinsurance knowledge is an asset as well as US GAAP and IFRS 17.
- Organized, able to work in a matrix structure in an international context.
- Able to set and manage priorities.
- Highly cooperative, flexible, and enthusiastic team-player.
- Keen to work with other cultures and able to think outside the box in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, fluency in French is an asset.