Our client, an international reinsurance company is looking for a Technical Advisor Analytics. He·she will play an active part in the applied research and technical development of the company.
The Technical Advisor Analytics will be responsible for :
- Awareness and understanding of the business drivers for the function that they are supporting.
- Use appropriate systems and procedures to ensure accurate data is used and subsequently appropriate analyses produced. This is to include adopting efficient and consistent actuarial models and processed and/or technologies where appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate checks are performed within processes to minimize inaccuracies.
- Comply with documentation of key processes and policies to ensure the company and its divisions:
- Comply with all material legal and regulatory requirements
- Adhere to relevant actuarial standards and good practice
- Meet all internal European and/or global internal reporting requirements
- Support with minimizing the risk of business discontinuity
- Assist the Actuarial Manager to ensure that processes are aligned to business needs and fit for purpose.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to improve customer focus.
- Reserving: support the forecasting of technical provisions, reserve margins and reserve uncertainties to provide business analysis/MI for reports and accounts, business planning, profitability studies and commutations.
- Portfolio performance monitoring: Support the development and provision of underwriting statistics to Actuarial team/Finance/Board/Underwriters in order to provide accurate management information. Including performance to business plan
- Pricing: Support the development of pricing tools and rates and the review of premium/rating methods to ensure that methods adopted by the business are robust/valid.
- Business Planning: Support the business planning process including collection and analysis of information, development of tools and reports to ensure that best practice is followed.
- Reinsurance: Support the analysis of reinsurance options and reinsurance purchases as required so the company makes best possible use of reinsurance purchases.
- Capital Modelling: Support the analysis to determine the capital needs of the business. Support the development of reports and presentations appropriate to the parties involved including internal management and regulators to ensure the company has good understanding of capital needs and regulators are satisfied with the company’s capital management.
- Risk aggregation: Support in the modelling and analysis of risk aggregation to enable the company to manage these exposures appropriately.
- Ideally a previous experience in (re)insurance, in an actuarial role.
- Some understanding of industry best practice in actuarial analysis, modelling and underwriting.
- An understanding of insurance business processes, and ideally of reinsurance.
- Some understanding of compliance issues.
- Excellent skills in Excel and other analytical tools.
- Ability to use and interpretate numerical data.
- Ability to influence both directly and indirectly.
- Autonomy, and good organization skills.
- Respecting deadlines.
- Ability to work within defined procedures.
- Bilingual in one of the two national languages, and a good understanding of the other national language, good level of English (read, written and spoken).