Our client, an international reinsurance company is looking for a Protection Life Valuation Actuary to strengthen the Protection Department. He·she will be in charge of taking part in the management and monitoring of a large and strategic international portfolio of long and short term protection products.
The Protection Life Valuation Actuary will be responsible for :
- Production of quarterly reserves on applicable bases (USGAAP, SII…)
- Preparation and sign-off of the SII results including the shocks and analysis of change together with the GAAP / statutory accounting.
- Preparation of supporting documentation (unit testing, basis checks etc.) to validate work produced to line manager & auditors.
- Ensure the model documentation and a robust control framework.
- Drafting of the Annual Assumption Review of base mortality and morbidity, disability termination rates, morbidity deterioration, mortality improvements, lapses and other relevant assumptions on the portfolio.
- Provide insight into observed experience, propose base changes where relevant and quantify financial impacts.
- Ensure data quality.
- Play an active role in the model and tools migration…
- Be involved in the development of the LDTI approach and IFRS 17 approach
- Coordinate with other team members to facilitate the consolidation.
- Qualified Actuary with 1 to 5 years of experience in Life valuation, reserving or pricing or related actuarial experience on protection products.
- A prior experience in reinsurance is a strong asset.
- Prior experience of Solvency II, US GAAP, IFRS17, valuation / reserving and financial reporting would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Risk Agility/AXIS and of the R/VBA/SQL coding language would be an advantage
- Strong IT and data management skills
- Organized, proactive and keen to be flexible around busy periods
- Able to set & manage priorities & to meet deadlines
- Highly motivated team player
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English (French would be an advantage)
- Fluent in French and English.