Our client, an international reinsurance company, is looking for a CAT Pricing Actuary to strengthen the CAT Analytics Department. He·she will be in charge of pricing and peer reviewing complex property CAT deals, and developing advanced portfolio management analytics / tool / models to steer for a better portfolio.
The CAT Pricing Actuary will be responsible for :
- Providing actuarial expertise and pricing support for CAT business.
- Maintaining and enhancing best practice on CAT pricing methodology, as well as CAT capital allocation.
- Presenting pricing results and participating in client and broker meetings.
- Actively participating in portfolio steering: this includes portfolio optimization, regular underwriting review, and introducing tools (e.g., in R Shiny) and metrics to support underwriting decision.
- Supporting management decision-making by providing key metrics & results such as our CAT market shares, CAT profitability, renewals performance, rate changes etc.
- Supporting development of an integrated modelling, pricing and portfolio reporting workflow.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in mathematics, actuarial sciences or other quantitative qualification.
- From 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience, experience in reinsurance would be a plus.
- Previous experience in CAT pricing or modelling is a plus.
- Advanced skills in R and SQL.
- Excellent analytical mindset, solution oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to coach other team members and sharing knowledge with peers.
- Team player, curious and creative.
- Fluent in English.