Our client, an insurance company is looking for an EB Actuary to strengthen the Risk Management Department. He·she will be in charge of the development of Occupational Disability (Branch 2) and Branch 23, supporting project work and complex actuarial calculations for large customers.
The EB Actuary will be responsible for :
- Contributing to the product development within EB: further development of our offer of Disability (Branch 2) and Branch 23 in the 2nd pillar insurance for wage earners.
- Monitoring developments and trends in the market and respond to them
- Taking account in its own analyses of various angles, such as legal, operational, commercial and systems engineering, with a view to a customer-oriented and sustainable profitable solution.
- Building supporting (actuarial) calculation tools both in product development and in support of the EB department (Client and Services and Underwriting) in specific complex actuarial calculations for large clients.
- Supporting the project work within the EB department with regard to the actuarial aspects of the operational systems (business requirements, testing, supporting tools, ...)
- Supporting the reporting colleagues in certain risk analyses and reporting and reviewing the financial impact of product developments in the various accounting standards (BGAAP, SII and IFRS) with a view to optimising the EB portfolio.
- Master in Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Economics, Commercial Sciences or Statistics
- Experience in the field of actuarial calculations (disability insurance or group and life insurance)
- Ability to analyse and manage risks in various accounting standards (especially BGAAP and Solvency II and notions of IFRS/IAS 19)
- Experience with or good knowledge of investment insurance (Branch 23) is a plus
- Eager to learn, driven and curious about new developments
- Prepared to study non-actuarial fields necessary to perform the function such as legal aspects EB (legislation, contracts, ...) and the functioning of the actuarial calculations of the operational management systems
- Able to easily adapt to a new environment and new developments.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft tools. Knowledge of SAS is a plus
- Autonomous, pro-active, driven and solution-oriented.
- Able to present complex situations in a clear and understandable way.
- Great team player
- Native level of Dutch and knowledge of French and English