Our client, an insurance company is looking for an ALM Risk Actuary to strengthen the Risk Department. He·she will be in charge of the analysis of files related to model, ALM and financial risk.
The ALM Risk Actuary will be responsible for :
- Leading the governance if model risks by applying the group standard;
- Using financial and ALM models for validation and reviewing their evolution;
- Reviewing risk indicator methodologies for the financial and ALM risk perimeter in conjunction with other departments ;
- Evaluating risk indicator models and methodologies, including :
o Providing advice on model evaluations;
o Conducting reviews of models in production and performance measurement plans;
o Monitoring of areas of discomfort, concerns and reservations in conjunction with the departments responsible for their implementation;
- Carrying out ad hoc studies on compliance with standards and the adequacy of forward-looking assessments with regard to the risk profile, as well as on the assessment of internal risk measures in relation to the dimensions of the appetence framework and the ORSA procedures;
- Supporting and reviewing of risk model systems at entities, including internationally;
- Maintaining and improving the group model risk repository.
- Master's degree in Financial Engineering, Actuarial Science or Financial Mathematics
- 6 to 10 years’ experience in the field of financial asset modelling, asset liability management, actuarial science or financial management in insurance or banking
- Experience in programming with R, Python or C#.
- Knowledge of economic scenario simulation tools (Moody's) or insurance projection tools (Prophet) is a plus. Knowledge of office automation
- Ability to explain complex subjects in simple terms
- Rigorous and organised
- Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking
- Ability to work in a team and across departments