Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Life Risk Monitoring Actuary to strengthen the Risk Department. He·she will be in charge of the actuarial follow-up of the company’s technical result and the achievement of high quality standards in line with the actuarial governance.
The Life Risk Monitoring Actuary will be responsible for :
- Monitoring and analysing the technical basis of various risks;
- Calculating and monitoring of reinsurance premiums and claims and the follow-up of the relationship with the reinsurer;
- Calculating and monitoring of statutory and IFRS reserves (mathematical and claims reserves) and assessing the adequacy of existing provisioning methods and suggesting necessary adjustments;
- Analysing and monitoring of production and claims using statistical tools (Python/R) and automation of reports/dashboards via PowerBI;
- Preparing and reporting the technical results for the quarterly/annual closings;
- Establishing actuarial studies related to claims experience, Boni-Mali, adequacy of charges and the correspondence between provisions and expected liabilities;
- Participating in budgeting and profit study;
- Communicating and collaborating with other departments;
- Setting up an (underwriting) risk dashboard to communicate clearly and effectively with other departments;
- Adapting the necessary tools for risk monitoring, cash-flow and liability estimation;
- In-depth data analysis and process automation.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics;
- 2 to 3 years of experience in insurance is an asset;
- High knowledge of databases, and at ease with coding in SQL, Python, SAS, VBA(VB), R;
- Knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Excel, Access, etc.;
- Capacity to be integrated into a permanent training plan;
- Strong analytical thinking skills and ability to make judgements;
- Accurate and critical thinking about numbers;
- Good organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines and resistance to stress;
- Result driven and team player;
- Proactive and responsible;
- Good knowledge of English, French and/or Dutch.