Our client an insurance company is looking for a Life Actuary to strengthen the Finance Department. He·she will be in charge of evaluating the company’s solvency coverage and technical provisions, supporting reinsurance and underwriting activities, running and developing actuarial models, assisting with profitability analysis, and improving projects in the actuarial field.
The Life Actuary will be responsible for:
- Carrying out and providing actuarial reporting tasks including evaluation and control of technical provisions and deferred acquisitions costs, determination of solvency requirements (I and II), regulatory actuarial reporting, calculation and control of risk premiums and claims payment, management of reinsurance premiums and recoveries;
- Contributing to the delivery of Solvency II requirements, including running of models (data, setting assumptions, runs), determination of SCRs, assisting to fulfilment of Pilar III reporting and documentation of methods, assumptions and processes, and contributing to improving the actuarial projection tool;
- Supporting product development tasks including profitability analysis, production of technical notes and testing of pricing;
- Contributing technically to development projects, including tasks automation, data quality and implementation of reporting requirements;
- Providing technical support to other company functions and working on technical subjects with other teams from the group.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science;
- At least 1 to 3 years of professional experience in a life insurance company, actuarial consulting company;
- Good knowledge of Life Insurance and/or Finance industry;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools;
- Knowledge of financial modelling software or programming language is an asset;
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- Capacity to take initiative and work with little guidance;
- Analytical mind and attention to detail;
- Reliable, accountable and team player;
- Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken.