Our client, an insurance company is looking for an Underwriting Product Manager to strengthen the Pricing & Underwriting Department. He·she will be in charge of leading the creation of their standard Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) for P&C covers and coordinate different stakeholders within the organization: country sales & operations representatives, Group P&C Marketing teams, Compliance & Legal teams, Fraud teams, etc.
The Underwriting Product Manager will be responsible for :
- Identifying key topics in the T&Cs on which there are different practices and where to define a standard approach for the group
- Identifying and assessing different practices on these key topics (in collaboration with the T&C product analyst)
- Get in touch with the main entities of the group to understand current practices and rationale
- Evaluate with the different teams to be involved pros and cons of each of the practices
- Preparing and organizing workshops with the involved parties to define the group approach on the key topics and animating the workshops
- Implementing new version of the T&Cs in a new tool used for the production and update of Terms & Conditions.
- Graduate degree
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in Non-life product management, claims management, underwriting or pricing
- Good understanding of the risks associated within the T&Cs
- Good skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Powerpoint
- Exposure to corporate clients and B2B2C business is an advantage
- Natural leadership and drive, capacity to leverage and engage teams, good negotiation skills
- Program and/or project management; able to lead transformation and change
- Consulting background is an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication, good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Integrity and be dedicated to the principles of developing a strong collaborative organization with well-developed coaching skills
- Have the confidence, self-motivation, and broad business/insurance understanding to thrive in an autonomous role
- Ability to form effective relationships with country and holding stakeholders in a matrix setting
- Ability to synthesize information and make recommendations
- Proven analytical skills and attention to details
- Fluency in English and French, both written and spoken; any additional language is a plus.