Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Pricing Data Scientist to strengthen the Pricing Department. He·she will be in charge of the data that is feeding the relevant pricing models and providing support to the respective underwriting teams within the European subdivisions.
The Pricing Data Scientist will be responsible for:
- Developing a strong working relationship with the underwriters and underwriting management;
- Analysing external and internal data to build and validate reports that will feed the technical pricing models;
- Maintaining and developing management information available for analysis and reporting.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or in any other quantitative and analytical training;
- At least 3 years of experience in pricing, preferably in P&C;
- Experience with statistical and predictive advanced modelling;
- Knowledge on data queries (SQL) and data visualization (PowerBI);
- Good knowledge of SAS and Excel/VBA. Experience in Python or R is an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Attention to detail and ability to self-check work, analytical mindset;
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable;
- Capacity to defend own views and position;
- Fluency in English and knowledge of French or Dutch is a plus.