Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Reserving & Performance Manager to strengthen the Non-life Department. This department is in charge of providing the top management with an understanding of the results and non-life reserving.
The Reserving & Performance Manager will be responsible for:
- Analysing results, defining and using actuarial and financial performance indicators to provide a relevant analysis of the profitability of the portfolios in relation to the strategy, and proposing any corrective measures;
- Modelling liabilities and establishing the level of technical provisions to be set up, validating the reservation policy;
- Participating in the company's monthly and quarterly closings by carrying out reserve calculations in accordance with the various standards (BE GAAP, Solvency 2, IFRS 4 and IFRS 17);
- Participating actively in coordination meetings with the business, product management and claims management teams in order to present the results of activities and exchange the information needed for their analysis;
- Developing specific expertise for each branch of non-life insurance, each subsidiary, each distribution channel;
- Continuously innovating, by developing new actuarial tools and techniques related to the team's activity and coordinating ad hoc studies required for these purposes.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science;
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the non-life actuarial field;
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, SAS and IBNRS;
- Strong interest in data analysis and figures;
- Ability to support a team of experts, give them a vision of the strategy to follow and coach the most junior ones;
- Ability to share knowledge;
- Organized and structured;
- Critical mind and curiosity;
- Ability to work in a team with other departments;
- French or Dutch native speaker and a good knowledge of the other language.