Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Senior Product Pension Actuary to strengthen the Product Department. He·she will be in charge of building up pricing, taking care of the customer value for money and monitoring the ongoing profitability of products and portfolios.
The Senior Product Pension Actuary will be responsible for:
- Focusing on fourth pillar life insurance (i.e. free/non-fiscal investment solutions for retail clients), being the owner of a complete product range that mostly consist of investment products with or without riders (term life, waiver of premium and disability)
- Taking initiatives in the roll out of the agreed product plan, acting as a person of reference regarding fourth pillar products when it comes to actuarial risk and first line implementation
- Providing and implementing new actuarial solutions linked to the product range, taking the legislation into account
- Constantly proposing actions to improve the profitability of the products
- Insuring the end-to-end mastery of fourth pillar products and playing a central role inside the company via a close collaboration between the different departments (Sales, Operations, Risk, Finance,…)
- Supporting junior colleagues on their growth path and learning curve around investments in branche 23 (unit-linked life insurance), and fourth pillar solutions in general
- Discussing and challenging the work of your colleagues: applying a 4 eyes principle, giving and receiving feedback is natural in our team and central in our way of working.
- Master in Economics or in Actuarial Science
- Min. 10 years’ experience in financial services roles, of which min. 5 years in technical activities related to life insurance, more specifically in unit-linked life insurance solutions (branche 23). Experience with Belgian market is considered as a major advantage
- Good knowledge of one of these tools: Excel, VBA and Python
- Ability to simplify complex and technical topics, and face very different profiles like sales, experts or senior management
- Analytical skills: precise, structured and pragmatic in the way of working and ability to work under timing constraints
- Capabilities to coordinate an initiative, or genuine interest for developing them
- Ability to document tools, process and products according to demanding governance
- Critical mind and proactive. Ability to manage strategic discussions
- Eager to work on innovative topics
- Team player
- Genuine interest for the customer, the business and the value created for the society
- Good speaking and writing skills in English and French.