Our client, an insurance company is looking for an Actuarial Function Officer Non-Life to strengthen the Actuarial Function Department. He·she will be in charge of carrying out the analyses assigned, from the initial briefing to the formulation and presentation of the conclusions to stakeholders.
The Actuarial Function Officer Non-Life will be responsible for:
- Conducting analyses of provisions, underwriting policy, reinsurance programme and profitability,
- Validating models used to calculate the best estimate of provisions (Solvency II and IFRS 17 balance sheets),
- Monitoring new risks that arise and that may have an impact on the insurance business,
- Setting up an effective control system to assess IFRS 17 balance sheet, also paying attention to the profitability of insurance products and developing corresponding reporting.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or equivalent,
- At least 3 years of experience in the insurance industry,
- Good knowledge of Office tools and of SAS, IBNRS, Prophet etc., or willing to learn them quickly,
- Critical and analytical skills,
- Organized and curious,
- Ability to formulate a point of view, both in writing and during a presentation,
- Ability to give and receive feedback,
- Team player and ability to work independently,
- Fluency in French and Dutch.