Our client, an international insurance company, is looking for a P&C Reserving Actuary to join either the Dublin offices or the Paris offices. Do you have work experience with P&C actuarial reserving? Are you looking for a position within an international and dynamic company? Does the sound of working on a wide and innovative line of products appeal to you? Do you get very enthusiastic from numerous interactions with international entities? Are you driven by the challenge of coordinating and harmonizing reserving techniques?
If you answered yes, you might be the perfect candidate for our client who is looking for an international actuary whose main missions will be as follows:
- Manage the quarterly IFRS reserves process for assigned European business units,
- Understand and analyse the quality of the data in terms of coherency, completeness and consistency,
- Analyse quarterly IFRS reserves to determine the appropriate IBNR level for run-off and new businesses,
- Support the external audit of reserving and technical provision results and assist in the development of actuarial reports in written form and as management presentations
- Assist in the production and modelling of the Solvency II technical provisions and cash-flows of the company.
- Engage with local business units to present the corporate actuarial view on reserving,
- Support the implementation of IFRS17 in the group.
- Proactively manage relationship with local finance departments,
- Contribute to harmonise and maintain the IFRS actuarial methods, assumptions and calibration across all business units and lines of businesses,
- Maintain and further develop the company’s suite of profitability analysis reporting and engage in pricing oversight.
- Understand drivers of change in reserve levels across the company during closing periods,
- Develop as a subject matter expert on actuarial reserving tools,
- Draft assigned documentation related to technical methodologies or functional processes.
- Advise on the annual reinsurance treaty arrangements and provide opinion thereof.
Do you possess a part-qualification from a recognised actuarial association as well as a strong expertise in actuarial tools and data analytics software? Do you have between 2 and 4 years of experience in P&C insurance? More specifically in P&C reserving and SII? If you are characterised by your good communication skills, proactive behaviour and team spirit, you might be the candidate we are looking for!
Since the position can be either based in Dublin or Paris, being fluent in English is a must, the knowledge of French is considered as an asset but is not mandatory.