Our client, an international reinsurance company is looking for a Senior Life Valuation Actuary to join the Life Department. He/she will be in charge of the consolidation of the quarterly technical provisions for the Life business.
The Senior Live Valuation Actuary will be responsible for :
- Assisting with the production of the quarterly/annual technical provisions (TPs) and Quantitative Reporting Templates (QRTs) and provide the required input to the appropriate departments and stakeholders (risk management, finance, external and internal auditors…)
- Maintaining documentation of methodologies, processes, procedures and results
- Assisting in the production of the Chief Life Reserving reports with interactions with different international entities of the group
- Monitoring any regulatory or market evolutions relating to the calculation of TP’s and the production of QRTs
- Contributing to the continued improvement of the Solvency II closing process
- Specification of required reserving assumptions and model changes to ensure consistency and compliance
- Propose and review Best Estimate Assumption updates
- Review the calculation of Best Estimate Reserves for SII and MCEV and the calculation of Statutory Reserves for USGAAP and IFRS 17
The Senior Life Valuation Actuary will also support the Life Reserving team:
- Be a key contact for Solvency II topics for the group
- Support IT team during the implementation of a new tool
- Support IFRS 17, US GAAP implementation for the consolidation team
- Mentor, guide and spread both technical and operational knowledges with other team members in the use and development of models and tools and in the methodological impacts of IFRS17 and US GAAP
- Propose innovative improvements on both tools and methodology
- Review existing process and improve operational efficiency of the regulatory reporting
- Ensure a robust control framework by automation of validations
- Develop and enforce best practices for model governance
- Mentor and guide other team members in the use and development of models and tools
- Fully qualified Actuary from an actuarial institute or association
- Between 5 and 7 years of working experience in life insurance as an actuary, experience in reinsurance is a strong asset.
- Previous experience working on reserving, valuation or pricing matters in life (re)insurance
- Strong IT and data management skills
- Knowledge of MoSes/Risk Agility FM, AXIS, R and/or BO reporting would be a plus
- Organized, able to work in a matrix structure
- Able to set and manage priorities and to respect deadlines
- High motivation and team spirit
- Able to fit into dynamic structure and to adapt to change
- Intercultural and emotional intelligence to interact in an international environment.
- Strong communication skills, both speaking and writing
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French and/or German is an asset.