Our client, an international reinsurance company is looking for an IFRS17 Non-Life Actuary to join the Group Actuarial Department. He/she will be in charge of building, testing and maintaining the non-life actuarial IFRS 17 requirements and for the entities of the group in Europe, North America and Asia.
The IFRS17 Non-Life Actuary will be responsible for:
- Calculating, testing and maintaining the IFRS17 CSM, risk adjustment, discounting, cashflows for the group and its legal entities leveraging Solvency II calculations where appropriate by working closely with the non-life and life actuarial teams, Finance, IT and external vendors to ensure IFRS17 compliance and maintenance of these processes post IFRS 17 implementation
- Modelling to support IFRS17 policy decisions
- Maintaining documentation of processes and procedures
- Working closely with the financial department to ensure the efficient production of inputs to quarterly and annual IFRS17 financial statements
- Contributing to the monitoring of changes in rules and guidance or market practice relating to the calculation of IFRS 17 requirements
- Fully qualified actuary, or currently going through the qualification from a recognized actuarial association or institute.
- At least 5 years of experience as a non-life actuary either in reinsurance, insurance or consultancy.
- Previous working experience with Solvency II, reserving and financial reporting. Experience working on IFRS17 would be a strong asset.
- Advanced skills with Excel, data management and modelling skills; knowledge of VBA and BO would be an advantage
- High motivation and team spirit
- Able to fit into dynamic structure and to adapt to change
- Intercultural and emotional intelligence to interact in an international environment.
- Strong communication skills, both speaking and writing
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French and/or German is an asset