Our client, an international reinsurance company, is looking for a Life & Health Actuary whose responsibilities will include the following:
Life Reserving Overlay Model
- Lead the development and maintenance of actuarial systems, models and tools used in regulatory reporting for solvency regimes and financial statements (Multi GAAP),
- Lead on the implementation of change projects including an ongoing modelling platform migration from MoSes & RAFM to AXIS,
- Support the build of a centralised database with supporting transformation and aggregate calculation tools,
- Modernise, extend and harmonise the aggregation and consolidation tools across the different processes and geographies, by limiting as much as possible the use of Excel and manual retreatments,
- Enhance the visualisation and analysis capability for use in the validation of results, production of management reporting metrics and implementation of controls,
- Working closely with the life actuarial teams, Operations, Finance, IT, external consultants and vendors to implement changes to the modelling architecture,
- Review existing process and improve operational efficiency of the regulatory reporting,
- Ensure a robust control framework by automation of validations,
- Develop and enforce best practices for model governance,
- Mentor and guide other team members in the use and development of models and tools.
IFRS 17 and USGAAP
- Assist team in implementation of data and model requirements for IFRS 17 including writing and reviewing technical specifications and testing.
Line of Business models
- Assist with model improvements for in-force business as required (Moody’s AXIS / RAFM / In-house),
- Assist with model implementation for new business.
- Qualified Actuary or experienced professional with a university degree in Actuarial, Statistics, IT, or Engineering,
- At least 8 years of experience in Life reserving or in in pricing in the (re)insurance sector,
- A solid systems development background and exposure to financial transformation projects,
- Experience in specification, development, and testing of actuarial and data transformation software,
- Strongly driven to streamline business processes, with an emphasis on automation and maintainability,
- Prior experience of financial reporting with respect to regulatory reporting regimes including USGAAP LDTI, IFRS 17, Solvency II, BMA, MAS would be a distinct advantage,
- Reinsurance knowledge is an asset,
- Strong IT and data management skills with a knowledge of relevant software such as Moody’s, AXIS, Risk Integrity, Moses, RAFM, C++, R, SQL, VBA, Business Objects,
- Organised, able to work in a matrix structure,
- Ability to set and manage priorities,
- Strong communication skills,
- Team spirit,
- Proficiency in English.