Our client, an international reinsurance company, is looking for a Life Reserving Actuary whose focus will be to lead the implementation of new accounting requirements at the Group level, as well as for its legal entities in Europe and Asia.
His/Her core responsibilities will include the following:
- Calculation, testing and maintenance of, discounting, cashflows for group and legal entities leveraging Solvency II calculations where appropriate by representing the Life Reserving in the implementation project team and working closely with the life and non-life actuarial teams, Finance, IT, external consultants and vendors to ensure the compliance with this new accounting requirement, and maintenance of these processes post-implementation
- Modelling to support accounting policy decisions
- Maintaining documentation of processes and procedures
- Working closely with the Finance department to ensure the efficient production of inputs to quarterly and annual financial statements
- Contributing to the monitoring of changes in rules and guidance or market practice
- Mentor and guide other team members to deliver reporting results
- Contribute to the continued enhancement of the actuarial environment.
- Building and monitoring the controls process and liaise with internal and external auditors and consultants to establish the control framework procedures post new accounting requirements implementation.
In addition, as part of the wider Life Reserving actuarial team he/she may be required to provide assistance on other actuarial process, system and modelling.
- Qualified Actuary
- At least 5 years in Life reserving or pricing in the (re)insurance field or related actuarial experience
- Reinsurance knowledge is an asset
- Experience in IFRS 17, Solvency ll, and financial reporting is considered as an asset
- Strong IT and data management skills with a software knowledge such as Moses, Risk Agility, Axis, VBA and/or Business Objects reporting
- Organized, able to work in a matrix structure
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Team oriented and open minded
- Fluent in English, any additional European language is an asset.