Our client, an international insurance player, is looking for a Lead Risk Officer to strengthen its Risk Management Team, in charge of managing the company’s insurance business risks.
Thanks to his/her talent for calculating and evaluating financial movements, the future Lead Risk Officer will analyse trends and developments in customer behaviour, financial markets and quantify the consequences for the company. He/She will review the key financials of the company and provide the team with proposals for improvements.
The team of 30 members shares expertise on asset valuation, Solvency II & IFRS reporting, cash flow modelling and assumption setting.
More specifically, the future Lead Risk Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Optimise the risk profile, on both sides of the balance sheet. By reviewing the effect of various strategic and tactical asset allocations from a risk/return perspective, as well as optimising the value creation of the life insurance obligations the company holds and plans to sell.
- Keep a close eye on changes to regulations and standards in the sector (particularly Solvency II, IFRS, Belgian GAAP, etc.). Your advice on the impact they may have on our business will be leveraged to steer further refinements in the team and the company’s strategy.
- To achieve this, the future Lead Risk Officer will coordinate and centralise inputs & calculations from different team members and departments and ensure the impact of strategic discussion and/or (external) events is clearly reflected in the key financial indicators that are used by senior management in their decision making.
- Turn available data into meaningful and interactive reports. The Lead Risk Officer will always be thinking about the next insight and structure his/her analysis in such a way that they can be easily “sliced and diced” to provide additional clarification.
The future Lead Risk Officer will be working not only on his/her success, but also that of his/her colleagues. For example, he/she will have his/her expertise with others and encourage the growth and development of the people he/she works with.
The future Lead Risk Officer will also work closely with the senior management and report to them about financial movements, strategic developments and growth opportunities.
- University degree in a quantitative subject (economics, mathematics, physics, actuarial or engineering sciences).
- At least 5 years of experience in ALM, Asset or Risk Management.
- Understanding of the various financial instruments and asset classes.
- Interest in asset management, financial analysis and life insurance liability.
- Strong team spirit and leadership skills.
- Assertiveness and strong communication skills.
- Proactivity, curiosity, and open mindedness.
- Fluency in English, Dutch and/or French.