Our client, an international insurance company is looking for a P&C Pricing Actuary within the Corporate Actuarial and Underwriting Department. This department leads the global business by bringing insights, improving business performance, sharing ideas, tools, and practices across geographies. To achieve these goals, the actuarial team provides the quantitative elements, assisting underwriters in understanding business drivers and improving the quality of pricing. They are currently enhancing the traditional pricing/actuarial methodologies with the latest analytical data techniques. A key focus of their analytics work is to take predictive techniques typically used in large retail portfolios into more specialized and smaller areas including statistical inference in sparse data sets.
In this context, the P&C Pricing Actuary will be responsible for :
- Rating setting for classes of business: analysis of data sets, investigations to find new pricing parameters, setting base rates, calculating relativities, increased limits factors, etc.
- Pricing individual large accounts
- Supporting the management of portfolio performance through business planning and regular monitoring and interpretation of trends as well as development of analytical tools to support this work
- Investigating emerging business performance issues to find underlying causes and hence solutions as well as potential opportunities
- Coordinating these activities with a wide variety of stakeholders in different functions (underwriting, claims, distribution) and geographies …
- Degree in a quantitative area such as Actuarial, Mathematics… Being a Qualified Actuary is a string plus.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a P&C Actuarial team
- Experience applying predictive analytical techniques and working with stakeholders to ensure the results deliver business value
- Demonstrated ability to build your analytical skills
- A strong interest in commercially applying your skills
- Ability to interact successfully with people widely across the organization
- Fluent in English