Our client, an international insurance company, is looking for an Applied Scientist to join the Data Analytics team. This team supports, through technical add-ons, smart decision making and business innovations. They build competitive Machine Learning data product and create business value out of data.
As a member of this team, the Applied Scientist will have a deep understanding of the business needs and elaborate solutions using technologies in the fields of Big Data and Machine Learning.
The Applied Scientist will be responsible for:
- Actively participating in the innovation initiatives of the company and participating to discovery of new product opportunities and working closely with the business teams,
- Working on exploratory data analysis,
- Designing and implementing Machine Learning systems,
- Executing Proofs of Concept using Data Analytics and Machine Learning techniques,
- Supporting the industrialisation of models and their deployment into production applying best practices enabling the evolution of code and modelling techniques,
- Applying MLOps principles along the end to end pipeline,
- Apply best practices to develop reusable assets within the complete scope of the company.
- Have a master’s degree in Engineering or IT,
- At least 2 years of experience in developing end-to-end solutions, and hands-on experience with Python and Cloud computing,
- Have an in-depth and practical knowledge of Machine Learning, statistics, and optimization,
- Willing to test and apply Machine Learning Algorithms on real use-cases,
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Result oriented and proactivity,
- Intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn,
- Excellent communication skills and team spirit,
- Able to develop at the intersection of business needs and the technicality of new technologies,
- Knowledge of French or Dutch as well as very good knowledge of English.