Our client, an insurance company, is looking for a Non-Life Reserving Actuary to strengthen its Actuarial Group Department.
The future Non-Life Reserving Actuary will focus on the company’s international subsidiaries.
He/She will have the following main missions:
- Definition and dissemination of standards for the application of regulatory calculations on reserves and non-life underwriting risks,
- Analysis of the reliability, adequacy and level of uncertainty of the Best Estimate calculation of non-life technical reserves,
- Contribution of the technical elements necessary to assess the profitability of the various portfolios,
- Production of reporting and presentations to the management bodies on the positioning of Best Estimates, levels of uncertainty and the impact on business profitability for international subsidiaries,
- Contribution to the formulation of recommendations of the actuarial function on reserving, underwriting and reinsurance risks, for the Board of Directors,
- Contribution to the work on the implementation of IFRS 17,
- Participation in the quarterly Solvency 2 closings and contribution to the activities related to the 3 pillars of Solvency 2,
- Participation in regulatory monitoring,
- Maintaining actuarial calculation tools and contributing to the reinforcement of the efficiency and security of the processes.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science or in an equivalent quantitative field such as Mathematics or Statistics,
- At least 3 years of experience within an insurance company or in consultancy,
- Strong skills in non-life reserving and knowledge of Solvency 2,
- A prior experience and/or knowledge in pricing, reinsurance and/or IFRS 17 will be considered as an asset,
- Command of Microsoft Excel and ideally VBA,
- Command of ResQ, R and/or Python is an asset,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to adapt to different audiences and explain complex topics in an understandable way,
- Strong organisational skills and rigor,
- Critical thinking,
- Team spirit,
- Oral and written fluency in French and English.