Our client, an international insurance company, is looking for an Actuary to strengthen its Actuarial team.
In the framework of his/her missions, the future Actuary will actively collaborate with internal departments, on a local level as well as on a group level. The future Actuary will be in charge of calculating the BGAAP and IFRS reserves, monitoring profitability and determining the required premium for existing and new products. To do this, he/she will use statistical methods to analyse claims and portfolio developments, and actuarial software to estimate future developments.
More specifically, the future Actuary will have the following tasks :
- Calculate reserves on the basis of various technical parameters,
- Make recommendations to adjust premiums for existing products within the legal framework,
- Determine the premium for new products,
- Determine actuarial assumptions to be used in Solvency II,
- Provide actuarial contributions to the IFRS 17 implementation project,
- Carry out ad hoc analyses on internal or external request (e.g. actuarial function, risk management, parent company, auditor, Assuralia,…)
- Make oral and written presentation of results to colleagues, management, and other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science,
- At least 3 years of experience as an Actuary,
- Experience in both Life and Non-Life Insurance,
- Relevant experience in Health insurance is a strong asset,
- Knowledge of actuarial and/or statistical software such as Prophet, R and/or ResQ is a plus,
- Good knowledge of MS Office programmes, including Excel,
- Strong team spirit and ability to work autonomously,
- Critical and analytical mind,
- Great communication skills and ability to adapt to non-technical audiences,
- Fluency in English, both oral and written,
- Fluency in French and/or Dutch.