Our client, a mutual insurance company, is looking for a Deputy Chief Financial Officer. He/She will, together with the CFO, be in charge of the financial operational responsibility of the company. He/She will be coordinating and coaching the accounting, controlling and treasury teams, and monitoring the financial policy with the aim of ensuring financial reporting in accordance with the legal and regulatory provisions. He/She will also take care of the analysis of the financial data with the aim of optimally advising the management.
More specifically, the Deputy Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for:
- Drawing up the financial policy in line with the company’s strategy,
- Translating the strategy into operational objectives and priorities for the financial department, communicating and implementing the financial policy in the organisation,
- Ensuring that the SLA's and objectives of the financial department are respected and achieved,
- Participating in drawing up the annual budget and implementing it within the set margins,
- Reporting on a regular basis on the department's activities to the board and management,
- Taking care of the support and motivation of the employees of the team by defining the annual objectives together, supporting them in achieving them, guaranteeing the development of their competencies, talents and knowledge, and ensuring the team spirit in the team,
- Taking care of the financial reports that comply with the legal obligations and the rules of good governance (preparation of annual accounts and annual reports, organization of meetings with the auditors and writing of the notes to the annual reports),
- Overseeing the follow-up of the specific accounting legislation for the health insurance and health insurance sector,
- Providing the management with optimal advice so that they can make well-founded decisions by defining, implementing, and monitoring financial processes and analytical reporting, as well as analysing specific files.
- Master’s degree in finance (TEW, Commercial Engineering...) or equivalent through experience,
- At least 10 years of experience in a financial position of which at least 5 years as a final manager,
- Proven people management skills,
- Ability to communicate transparently and convincingly with team members, senior management, and members of the executive committee,
- Strong, self-confident, and goal-oriented leadership,
- Strong project management and change management skills,
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, the command of with Unit 4 Agresso / Business World (ERP) is an asset,
- Knowledge of financial management within the health insurance world is certainly an extra,
- Bilingualism in French and Dutch, fluency in English is considered as an asset.