Our client, an insurance company, is looking for a Data Scientist within the Insurance Department. As a key function to drive changes with the aim to reach technical and actuarial excellence, he/she will be in charge of various data challenges on a regular basis to deliver data insights that will address business cases.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for :
• Being in charge of maintaining, challenging, and improving the existing technical data set (structure, quality, platform etc.) according to the business needs or on selected data projects,
• Acting as a main contact for IT teams to capture data definitions, business glossaries, data dictionaries, and other metadata required to support the business activities,
• Automating reporting, building dashboards and detecting trends using advanced technology,
• Conducting detailed and advanced analytic projects aiming at improving competitiveness both on technical and operational area by implementing advanced statistical methodology,
• Promoting and communicating results with a pedagogical approach to ensure alignment with the different stakeholders including top management,
• Developing the insurance knowledge by disseminating data management know-how, and by interacting with various stakeholders.
• Master’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related area,
• At least three years of experience in P&C insurance or within a consulting firm,
• Data management skills, ability to manipulate data, analyse, structure, issue reports and recommendation, knowledge of non-structured data is considered an asset,
• Deep understanding of Statistical Methodologies and Modelling knowledge, (familiarity with advanced Machine Learning methods is an additional asset),
• High level of SQL, R and a good level of Python is an additional asset,
• Team spirit and autonomy, motivation to push technical excellence,
• Good communication skills, coupled with an analytical and critical thinking ability,
• Fluency in French and good command of English.