Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Head of Risk Analysis to join the Risk Management Department. As an expert in risk management, he/she will be in charge of leading a team and designing and monitoring the risk policy. He·she will also be responsible for :
- Formulating an opinion on risk management and controlling the first line of defense regarding calculations and processes on life, non-life, ALM and investments.
- Developing a policy and guidelines for the risk management of the investment strategies and the ALM.
- Developing a policy and guidelines for the risk management of insurance activities (life and non-life), liaising with the different departments that are involved.
- Following up on the implementation of said policies and guidelines and the respect of their operational limits.
- Monitoring and updating the asset allocation strategy in accordance with the risk management policy.
- Coordinating and taking part in the writing of the regulatory reports (RSR, SFCR, compliance…)
- Operating a regulatory intelligence on both national and international levels
- Taking part in preparing the different committees the Risk Management department is involved in.
In addition, as Head of Risk Analysis, he·she will plan the tasks and resources of the team to carry out their missions.
- Hold a PhD or master’s degree in actuarial, economic, mathematical, physical or engineering sciences.
- At least 5 years of experience in actuarial and/or risk management.
- Good knowledge of Solvency II.
- Excellent knowledge of financial instruments.
- Knowledge of MS Office, VBA.
- Good team management skills and team spirit.
- Critical thinking, stress resistance and result orientation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in one of the national languages (French or Dutch) and at least a good understanding of the other, as well as fluent in English.