Our client, an international bank-insurance company, is looking for an IFRS17 Actuary to strengthen the Financial Management and Models Department. He·she will be in charge of defining actuarial methodological options within the framework of IFRS17, ensuring a regulatory watch and contributing to lobbying on Solvency 2 and IFRS17.
The future IFRS17 Actuary will be responsible for the following tasks:
- IFRS 17: coordinating the activity aimed at defining the Group's actuarial normative guidelines on IFRS 17 (contract classification, contract boundaries, calculation methods, transition methodology, etc.) and providing support to subsidiaries on these subjects.
- Solvency 2: to be in charge of the SCR calculation methodologies and to act as a reference for the group's entities on this topic.
- Regulatory tests (EIOPA stress test, ACPR collections, etc.): assisting participating entities in understanding and interpreting technical specifications.
- Produce impact studies as part of regulatory lobbying.
- Regulatory monitoring and lobbying: coordinating Solvency 2 regulatory monitoring on the scope of the 1st pillar and on IFRS17 actuarial methodologies and defending the group's interests in the relevant bodies or working groups (Solvency 2 Committee of the FFA, Working Groups of the Institute of Actuaries, etc.)…
- Hold a master’s degree in actuarial sciences/the Actuary title or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in life insurance, in an actuarial role.
- Excellent and deep knowledge of IFRS17, its challenges and impacts.
- Knowledge of Solvency 2.
- Previous experience with Prophet is a plus.
- Ability to work transversally with a wide range of interlocutors (technical and non-technical departments, regulators at national and European level, lobby, FFA, IA...).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills. Able to quickly understand technical issues and summarize them in a synthetic manner.
- Fluency in French and at least a good understanding of English, fluency is a big advantage.