Our client, an international insurance company is looking for a Pricing Actuary to strengthen the Technical Pricing Department. He·she will be in charge of providing advice on pricing, model and management information development. He·she will be the 1st point of contact for underwriting clients to ensure continuity of service and class specific expertise.
The Pricing Actuary will also provide advices on case pricing and rate monitoring and assist with the claims reserving process. The Actuary will also work closely with the rest of the Pricing team and underwriters to ensure consistency of pricing models were possible, and that projects are delivered in a collaborative manner.
The Pricing Actuary will be responsible for :
- Managing and/or assisting in the development, maintenance & testing of models acting as the first point of contact for underwriting clients;
- Analyzing the performance of current integrated pricing models and potential portfolio tenders;
- Ensuring models meet the company’s pricing policy and standards in respect of technical pricing and rate monitoring;
- Supporting and driving the model modernization effort;
- Overseeing and supporting the other actuaries’ work on actuarial case pricing and trending analysis on individual contracts;
- Supporting the underwriters and other actuarial team members with work on renewal rate movements;
- Supporting the quarterly review of reinsurance modelling data.
- Reserving and claims:
- Supporting the company’s review of claims development where requested, either on individual risks or across a book of business.
- Managing the development and maintenance of management information, both within the business unit and across, as appropriate;
- Overseeing and supporting the Class Performance Reviews giving an independent opinion on the quality of the risks written.
- Catastrophe modelling:
- Working with Catastrophe Modelers managing the development and maintenance of tools;
- Assisting the Catastrophe Modelling and underwriting teams in the aggregate analysis of portfolios.
- Hold a degree in actuarial science, being a member of an Actuarial Institute or Association is a plus.
- Have actuarial pricing expertise, specially in non-life. Being familiar with the following corporate lines: fleet and agriculture, is a plus.
- Having experience in automated underwriting distribution.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA. Having experience with Python is a strong advantage.
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail and ability to self-check work
- Fluent in English, being fluent in French or Dutch is a plus, but not necessary.