Our client, an international insurance company is looking for an International Actuary to strengthen the International actuarial Department. Working from Paris for international entities of the group, he·she will be in charge of profitability analyses, leading actuarial and analytical studies, taking part in the implementation of IFRS17 internationally, ensuring that the products are compliant with the local regulations and the actuarial standards of the group.
The future International Actuary will be responsible for :
- Overviewing and following the actuarial studies on pricing, reserving and reinsurance activities for the international entities.
- Coordinating, supervising and taking part in the technical committees such as risk management committee for instance.
- Supporting and bringing expertise on technical topics to his·her peers, specifically less experimented colleagues and international teams, on topics such as IFRS 17.
- Acting as a driving force in terms of actuarial analyses, product developments or modelling and pricing methods.
- Controlling and validating the studies required to monitor and analyse the accounts, the technical results of the products, to control the adequacy of the rates and the evolution of the claims experience.
- Supervising the technical aspects of tenders.
- Supervising the monitoring of risks and technical profitability of the entities’ life insurance products.
- Supervising the technical work carried out as part of the budget process.
- Organizing, leading and supervising technical committees with international entities.
- Supporting the implementation of Solvency II governance internationally.
- Coordinating the deployment of the new IFRS program internationally.
- Hold a master’s degree in actuarial science or equivalent.
- At least 6 years of experience as an actuary in Life & Health
- Good knowledge of Solvency II and ideally IFRS17
- Previous experience working with SAS and MS Office.
- Able to cooperate and act as a facilitator between services and between international and French entities.
- Analytical mindset, team spirit and able to adapt.
- Emotional intelligence in order to work and adapt in a cross-cultural context.
- Intellectually curious to gather information about local regulations.
- Fluent in English and French.