Our client, an international insurance company is looking for an Underwriting Specialist to strengthen the Underwriting Department. He·she will act as advisor and decision maker on group life, disability, accident and medical quotes.
The Underwriting Specialist will actively contribute to the supervision and coordination of pricing underwriters of the different entities of the network of the group and take part in the pricing and underwriting activities and in the strategy of the EB portfolio.
The Underwriting Specialist will be responsible for :
- Analysing and validating quotations within the referral framework
- Developing and maintaining the Renewal Guidelines and enhancing the coordination of local portfolios renewal activities
- Contributing to the underwriting strategic projects, such as the definition and implementation of underwriting governance and management of specific risks to drive the portfolio towards company targets.
- Contributing to the effective implementation of the underwriting guidelines of the group.
- Support the local carriers and the local offices as far as all the underwriting issues are concerned.
- Foster the underwriting excellence by coordinating a community of underwriters from the local entities: create synergies and share the underwriting vision and best practices.
- Hold a master’s degree in insurance management, actuarial science or economics/finance.
- At least 8 years of experience in pricing and underwriting of Group Life insurance (life, disability, accident, medical lines of risk).
- Experience in life insurance quotation and risk analysis
- Strong business acumen and understanding of strategic aspects of decision making
- Strong orientation towards innovation and improvement of processes and practices
- Curious, dynamic, proactive, not afraid to take ownership
- Resilient with strong organizational skills and a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with good emotional intelligence.
- Advanced knowledge of English, any other language would be considered a plus.