Our client, an international insurance company is looking for a Life & Health Reserving Actuary to strengthen the Department in charge of the reserving of the L&H lines for all entities, including the international ones.
The L&H Reserving Actuary will play a key role in the reserving activity for the L&H business but will also be involved in topics related to Solvency II and IFRS 17 reserving for the company as a whole. You will be interacting with several functions such as underwriting, claims and risk, and hold responsibilities for harmonizing reserving practices. He·she will also act as a key contributor to a wide range of transformation projects to act as a strategic business partner.
The L&H Reserving Actuary will be responsible for :
- Managing the quarterly IFRS reserves process end-to-end for assigned portfolios.
- Engaging with local business units to present the corporate actuarial view on reserving.
- Supporting the implementation of IFRS 17 and the development of a dedicated suite of tools.
- Contributing to the harmonization and maintenance of the IFRS actuarial methods, assumptions and calibration.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of processes and tools.
- Supporting the external audit of reserving and technical provision results and assisting in the development of actuarial reports in written form and as management presentations.
- Providing actuarial input into the group’s capital model system and group reporting engines.
- Advising on the annual reinsurance treaties and delivering opinions on them.
- Participating in the annual planning exercise and providing actuarial input for key assumptions.
- Assisting the Finance Department in areas such as financial projections, budgeting, statutory reporting and reinsurance accounting.…
- Master’s degree in Actuarial science, being qualified by an actuarial institution is a strong asset
- At least 4 years of professional experience in actuarial reserving (consultancy and/or audit experience is an asset).
- Strong expertise in actuarial tools (ResQ, SQL, VBA, Excel) with developer abilities.
- Good communication skills, spoken and written English.
- Proactive and team player, sense of priorities.
- Being fluent in English is mandatory, being fluent in French is a strong asset.