Our client, an insurtech is looking for a Lead P&C Actuary to strengthen the Product & Pricing Department. He·she will take part to develop product and pricing offering, by correctly assessing risk exposure and contributing to the company’s success through actuarial expertise.
The Lead P&C Actuary will be responsible for :
- Taking part in the risk management policy and strategy.
- Developing the pricing capabilities on the main lines of business, being able to develop pricing models in absence of data by being innovative on developing assumptions.
- Developing new technical expertise on new business lines and products.
- Driving the negotiation on pricing and T&Cs with external stakeholders, including brokers, insurers and reinsurers.
- Bringing actuarial support for the tender offers processes for key potential clients.
- Keeping up to date with the insurance business and competitive trends : ability to understand the best in class practices and products in other markets.
- Understanding critical and ambiguous customer issues and needs and turn them into products and solutions.
- Taking part in the company's transversal end to end project for new product development …
- Hold a degree in Actuarial science, statistics or similar.
- At least 4 years of experience as an Actuary or an Underwriter on P&C lines in the insurance industry.
- Experience on motor and liability lines is a strong asset.
- Familiar with portfolio monitoring and profitability analyses.
- Expert in Excel, knowledge in R and/or Python is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking.
- Ability to compile, analyze and transform data into business actions.
- Intellectual curiosity, thinking outside the box and bringing new ideas for the company.
- Solution oriented, proactive and will to stay up to date with new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to popularize and simplify technical information for non-technical audience.
- Able to build a network and relationships with other stakeholders of the insurance industry.
- Team spirit, while being able to work autonomously.
- Able to prioritize and adapt and react to changes in project and/or environment.
- Fluent in English, French is an asset.