Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Life Risk Manager to strengthen its ERM team on monitoring and life underwriting.
The candidate will be required to work transversally with the internal model teams in charge of the Pillar I quantitative requirements production, the teams in charge of products pricing in the Insurance Technical and Markets department (1. Savings & Pensions, 2. Life & Health), the Finance Department teams, more specifically management control, and the provisioning and value teams. He/she will also contribute to the production of presentations (Finance & Risk Committee - FCR, Underwriting Committee – CS) for the Top Management.
The Life Risk Manager will be responsible for :
- Strengthening the company's second line of defense in the Solvency II sense, through its risk management system;
- Improving the risk identification process (Main Risk Self Assessment and Emerging Risks);
- Enabling a constructive critical look at the Life underwriting policy (Operating Limits Handbook);
- Translating business needs into capital requirement assessments;
- Contributing to the dissemination of the risk culture within the company via forums and presentations to the various departments;
- Contributing to the drafting of ORSA reports and Solvency II narrative reports;
- Contributing to the optimisation and implementation of the risk profile update process and the solvency prospective assessment;
- Contributing to the local transposition of the Group's policies and directives and to the monitoring of changes in these documents;
- Contributing to the works on the Risk Appetite Framework;
- Participating in working groups during the launch of new products (understanding of profitability indicators: New Business Margin (NBM), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Payback of Return - IRR, Payback Period);
- Participating in the development of tools dedicated to the monitoring of risks and solvency (Return on Risk Capital - RoRC indicator).
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of experience in an actuarial, risk management, actuarial consulting position or similar;
- A solid knowledge of the Solvency II environment;
- Good knowledge of R, Excel VBA and Prophet;
- Fluent in French and intermediate level of English.