Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Life Actuarial Manager to strengthen the Life Actuary Department. He·she will be in charge of the operational management of a team of actuaries and data stewards.
The Life Actuarial Manager will be responsible for :
- Contributing to strategic exercises by proposing ‘future proof’ solutions that support the company’s vision and strategy.
- Coaching and motivating a team, being in charge of the development of the employees’ skills (using available reports, monitoring interviews and daily interaction).
- Defining the team’s objectives, monitoring its achievements and evaluating the team members. Also ensuring an optimal distribution of work and set priorities.
- Monitoring the reporting processes: controlling the compliance with the processes and ensuring continuous improvements.
- Reporting to the executive manager regarding the functions of the employees, the progress of the projects and the team’s KPIs and KRIs.
- Leading or participating in interdepartmental meetings and act as a central contract for the team.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Insurance, Economics, or Actuarial Science
- At least 5 years of experience in leading and motivating team
- People manager, used to leading a medium-sized team of specialists
- Ability to organize or process reports in the context of Solvency II and IFRS17
- Good negotiation and communication skills with other departments such as Risk or Finance
- Interest for the reporting processes and ability to translate figures into presentations and management decisions
- Team player, result-oriented, autonomous and well-organized
- Stress resistant, open to change and able to support a team in a positive way
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English (both written and spoken)