Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Head of Actuarial Function to strengthen the Risk Management and Compliance Department. He·she will be in charge of the Actuarial Function service.
The Head of Actuarial Function will be responsible for :
- Providing independent assurance to the Management Committee and the Board of Directors of the quality of the actuarial studies and calculations through technical and relevant advice. He·she coordinates the Actuarial Reports and ensures the adequacy of the methodologies, models, data and assumptions used in the calculations and supervises the various calculations;
- Providing opinions on underwriting, reinsurance, reserving and profit sharing policies. In this way, he·she ensures that the company's risk profile is respected during the deployment of its strategic plan;
- Cooperating closely with the Risk Management Function by contributing to the effective implementation of the risk management system and by coordinating the validation of the models used to calculate best estimates and economic capital requirements;
- Conducting specific missions that do not generate a conflict of interest with its main missions, being responsible for regulatory monitoring within its scope of responsibility, and playing the role of contact point and ambassador for the group within its scope;
- Monitoring, evaluating and supporting the staff reporting to you, providing feedback and assisting them in their development.
- Master's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Economics or equivalent experience,
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience required,
- Ability to evolve in a changing environment and to take up the responsibilities of such position,
- Great communicating skills, both written and oral,
- Persistent, persuasive and have a sense of compromise,
- Very good synthesis and presentation skills,
- Fluency in French and Dutch and a good knowledge of English