Our client an insurance company, is looking for a Non-Life Actuary to strengthen the Insurance department. He·she will be in charge of the development of tailor-made business pricing, portfolio monitoring and recovery, the production of turnover and claims forecasts, and statistical studies.
The Non-Life Actuary will be responsible for:
- Risk analysis and pricing:
- Analysing the request for a quotation (context, risk assessment) and drawing up the technical price list by using existing statistical data or by proposing models adapted to the risks. Providing a price that covers structural costs and achieves the expected level of profitability.
- Contributing to the development of underwriting guides and their evolution.
- Developing the pricing in compliance with the group underwriting policy (risks to be avoided and compliance with delegation levels).
- Building and updating pricing models for offerings with standard processes and target populations with homogeneous characteristics.
- Production of technical data for budget years:
- Building projections for targets, budgets and plans for turnover data.
- Monitoring the claims/premium ratio, identifying drift and taking into account the year's recovery work to project its evolution and ensure that the External Cost Margin indicator is achieved.
- Other activities:
- Participating in various studies, cross-cutting projects of the department in collaboration with other management teams.
- Contributing to Solvency 2 work, including the production of financial reporting and the calculation of Future Premiums.
- Conducting the reinsurance technical accounts and providing the portfolio profile to the group.
- Identifying and proposing topics for continuous improvement in the department's activities or transversally.
- Master’s degree in Statistics or Actuarial Science.
- Sound experience in statistics, econometrics/GLM modelling.
- Knowledge of the insurance market, internal procedures, standard actuarial techniques and the assistance business.
- Ability to determine an attractive price in the interest of the company and to propose and interpret relevant indicators.
- Proficiency in a computer development tool (R, SAS, VBA, Business Object) and in all the tools in the Office package (particularly Excel).
- Ability to coordinate with other departments, to position oneself and work in project mode as an expert while using a clear language within the company.
- Anticipation and proactivity.
- Good interpersonal and listening skills, good ability to explain arguments clearly and to convince.
- Ability to stand back and make decisions.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Respect for confidentiality rules and procedures.
- Logical, analytical and synthetic mind, good sense of figures.
- Organisation and rigour.
- Ability to adapt to new regulations and procedures.
- Good knowledge of English.