Our client an insurance company is looking for a Senior Performance P&C Actuary to strengthen the Actuarial Department.
The Senior Performance P&C Actuary will be responsible for:
- Participating in the understanding of the technical result and monitoring of the main KPIs, as well as supporting the development of forecasts and budget plans.
- Ensuring the overall level of outstanding claims reserves (IFRS 17 & Solvency 2).
- Supporting the implementation of IFRS 17 (in collaboration with the group) on all actuarial, reporting and modelling aspects for P&C with the following objectives:
o Establishing, validating and controlling the technical results in accordance with IFRS 17;
o Drawing up the notes to the accounts (Disclosures);
o Drawing up the provisional accounts (Strategic Plan);
o Analysing, commenting on and monitoring the evolution of results.
- Estimating technical provisions ("Best Estimate Liabilities") and economic equity ("Available Financial Resources") under Solvency 2 (both in an "actuals" view and in a prospective view for strategic projections, stress tests, etc.).
- Implementing remediation and testing plans of internal and external reviewers (e.g. actuarial function, audit, regulator).
- Developing/monitoring worker compensation and disability cash flow projection models.
- Contributing to the company's financial and regulatory reports (e.g., QRTs, ORSA, SFCR, annual report, etc.).
- Presenting results to stakeholders.
- Maintaining good relations with the group on key P&C matters.
- Contributing to some reinsurance work.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or any quantitative and analytical background.
- A first experience in P&C reserving and a good knowledge of key financial performance indicators for P&C insurance products (combined ratio, loss ratio, reserving level, etc.).
- Knowledge of SAS, R, VBA is a plus.
- Good presentation and communication skills, ability to provide key messages to senior management.
- Ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of new tools and techniques.
- Ability to ensure consistent quality and to help create confidence in the figures and explanations reported.
- Efficiency, autonomy and pragmatism.
- Good sense of analysis and initiative.
- Fluency in French or Dutch, and a good command of English.