Our client, a consulting company, is looking for an Actuarial Practice Leader to strengthen the Risk Department. He·she will be responsible for providing insurance optimisation advice based on actuarial models and captive optimisation to a wide range of corporate clients.
The future Actuarial Practice Leader will be responsible for:
- Non-life pricing and optimization:
- Helping clients maximise their insurance strategy by ensuring that pricing is in line with the risk levels transferred to the insurance market;
- Developing forward-looking actuarial loss forecasting models for companies in all sectors;
- Producing strategic recommendations based on the results of the model to help clients manage their risks more efficiently;
- Carrying out and managing risk financing consultancy missions (captive, programme restructuring, etc.): diagnosis, qualification/quantification, development of solutions and recommendations;
- Producing reports on results, decision support tools, proposing possible recommendations, implementation and negotiation, monitoring effectiveness, setting up control procedures for management.
- Capitalization and Solvency II:
- Providing an objective view of the profitability and financial strength of captive insurance/reinsurance or other self-insurance solutions;
- Actively contributing to the actuarial function of the captives and periodically reviewing their solvency capital requirements (SCR) and technical provisions;
- Developing assumptions and challenging them where necessary to ensure a sound risk management framework;
- Supporting ongoing regulatory compliance and timely completion of regulatory returns in a number of domains.
- Non-life reserving :
- Conducting actuarial analysis of reserves for corporate clients and/or their insurance captives;
- Producing deliverables/client reports in a clear, concise and appropriate style.
- Participating in ad hoc projects;
- Managing and developing the skills of the team and maintaining team performance by setting clear objectives;
- Managing complex actuarial projects;
- Reviewing client data, performing exploratory data analysis and maintaining client revenues within the portfolio.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science and Qualified Actuary;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an actuary or actuarial consultant;
- Solid knowledge of the business world and its financial, fiscal and legal aspects;
- Proficiency in Office suite, VBA, R, R/R Shiny, Power BI, RADAR, Igloo and ResQ. Knowledge of Python is an asset;
- Very good interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Strong convincing skills, ability to listen carefully and to meet deadlines;
- Very good communication skills;
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another language is an asset.