Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Life Risk Manager to strengthen the Risk Department. He·she will be in charge of analyzing risks related to underwriting, reserving and reinsurance.
The Life Risk Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing a team,
- Carrying out studies:
- Monitoring production of elements for all actuarial reports and ORSA for French subsidiaries and at group level,
- Monitoring underwriting risk reviews when launching new products and portfolio reviews
- Monitoring reviews during developments in the Solvency 2 and IFRS 17 reserving models,
- Monitoring reinsurance arrangements and their effectiveness, in particular for the group's internal treaties,
- Contributing to the monitoring of risks related to interactions between assets and liabilities and in particular those related to unit-linked products,
- Defining, carrying out or supervising any study with a view to improving the company's risk coverage, particularly with regard to emerging risks,
- Controlling risk deliverables for Top Management, the Board of Directors or the supervisory authorities,
- Representing the Department in various committees,
- Consolidating the investment risk review.
- Supporting the business units in their projects requiring a risk opinion,
- Participating in projects concerning the department's activity,
- Defining changes to risk management guidelines and managing their deployment.
- Operational monitoring and support.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science,
- At least 10 years of professional experience in risk management in the insurance industry,
- Sound knowledge of pension insurance products and Solvency 2 and IFRS 17 regulations,
- Good knowledge of financial instruments,
- Ability to analyze and synthesize,
- At ease in developing a global and strategic vision of subjects, as well as a concrete and operational approach,
- Risk and result oriented,
- Capacity to take initiative and strength of proposal on risk analysis
- Relational and managerial skills,
- Fluency in French and good spoken and written English.