Our client, an insurance company is looking for an Investment Risk Officer to strengthen the Risk Management Department. He·she will be in charge of implementing high quality risk management practices for the Group investment functions.
The Investment Risk Officer will be responsible for:
- Providing constructive challenge and advice to the investment function to improve the identification, measurement, management, monitoring and reporting of risk,
- Overseeing the management and updating of a comprehensive and implementable investments Risk Appetite Statement,
- Providing oversight of the investment function’s compliance with the RAS and Risk policies,
- Supporting the embedding of a sound risk culture across the organisation,
- Providing risk management oversight of key investment risks, in particular credit, market and liquidity risks,
- Contributing to the production of risks reviews, addressing the company’s key risks, including in relation to deals and investment initiatives,
- Supporting the CRO, ensuring that active risk management is delivered within the risk requirements,
- Preparing and delivering regulatory presentations and reports as required,
- Carrying out duties with integrity and diligence, ensuring that professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Master’s degree in a financial field. Professional qualification in investment or risk management (CFA, FIA) is an asset,
- Min. 7 years of experience in quantitative financial services roles or similar experience in investment markets,
- Practical experience of ALM, liquidity risk management, hedging, reinsurance and Solvency II,
- Experience in the assessment of operational risks is a plus,
- Excellent business acumen and risk awareness,
- Ability to think independently,
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey key messages with firm grasp of technical details,
- Stakeholder management, organizational and time management skills,
- High degree of integrity and dynamic attitude,
- Fluency in English.