Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Manager Life Individuals Product to strengthen the Life Department. He·she will be in charge of steering a team of 4 collaborators and developing new and improving existing Investment, Pension and Protection products on the retail market in Belgium.
The Manager Life Individuals Product will be responsible for:
- Developing new and improving existing Investment, Pension and Protection products covering both guaranteed rate and unit-linked products for the retail market in Belgium;
- Steering and analysing profitability studies of existing and new products, incl. recommendations & follow-up;
- Being the point of contact for inforce management and product development;
- Providing oversight and supporting the team in research and development of new product or product improvements. Being able to have the helicopter view and digging into the ground when needed;
- Defining and monitoring relevant KPI’s depending on the activity;
- Being the team captain of the life department and interacting with other captains as well as the transversal functions under the lead of the value chain owner;
- Acting as a contact point for the group centers and other entities and partners depending on the topic, closely aligning with the value chain owner;
- Acting as the technical reference person in the relations with the regulators and professional associations. Including a natural curiosity/affinity to interact with the distribution partners;
- Developing with the value chain the new term life value proposition including the automated medical underwriting, the development of the new term life tariff structure and remuneration scheme across the different distribution channels;
- Developing the revised pension and investment offerings, incl. the setup a structured product factory;
- Representing the company at the Individual Life Technical Commission reporting the Life division head and driving the topics relevant for the company;
- Supporting with the value with the deployment of the new IT environment for investments, incl. migration of systems.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Civil Engineering or Economics. A degree in Actuarial Science is considered a plus;
- Proven experience in a similar role and ready to take the next step;
- Know how to use MS Office, SAS, Excel, VBA, Delphi and C++;
- Team player and excellent communication skills,
- Does not fear to be challenged and is able to challenge others;
- Innovative and methodological;
- Fluency in English with good knowledge of the two national languages (Dutch and French).